Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First Impressions of 23 Things

So far, I'm feeling very comfortable with our assignments for 23 Things. I have used blogs (specifically Blogger) before. I created two sample blogs for presentations back in library school. We also use Blogger at our library to create themed book lists and lists of our new books. We found it to be one of the quickest and easiest ways to get these lists posted. I've also made a personal blog to keep track of my marathon training progress, although I haven't updated that one in quite some time!

Here are links to our library's new books and book lists blogs, if anyone is interested:
http://ntrlnewbooks.blogspot.com/
http://ntrlbooklists.blogspot.com/
(Just a side note: These aren't my work alone. The other reference librarian generally posts the new books and I generally post the book lists, although we both have access to both blogs.)

-BrieAnn

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Brie Ann - and I love reading about new books and what other librarians are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!

    Just out of curiosity, did you run the Pgh marathon this year BrieAnn?

    LAV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! :)

    Beth - I've found that LibraryThing is a great tool for keeping track of the books that I've read. You can create your own tags, so I use "read in 2008"/"read in 2009"/etc., to keep the books that I've read separate from the books that I own. Here's my account there if you'd like to check it out:
    http://www.librarything.com/profile/BrieAnn

    Leigh Anne - No, I considered trying to do the half, but I didn't get signed up in time. I'm training for the 2010 Disney World marathon in January. It'll be my first!

    ReplyDelete