Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Downloadable Resources

I'm a bit late with this post. I wanted to try a downloadable video, since I've downloaded ebooks and audiobooks in the past, and I didn't find the time to do this until the weekend. I didn't find the process to be too complicated. There were pretty clear links to everything that I needed to download. It did take several steps (I had to upgrade my Windows Media Player in addition to downloading the Overdrive program), but it wasn't too bad. Downloading the actual file was a bit more frustrating, as the download timed out the first time. It worked just fine on the second try though.

The thing that I liked best about this week was the chart that describes the specific details about each different type of downloadable resource. (I've probably confused patrons in the past when I've tried to explain that there are different kinds of ebooks and that you sign up for them in different ways.) I put a copy of this chart back at the reference desk and I'm sure that it'll be very handy when I explain eResources to patrons in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Yah, Amy Ergler created that cuper cool chart - very helpful! I think Ryan sent out one that the public can even use.

    ReplyDelete